PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to the following Sony Pictures Entertainment (a division of Sony Corporation) websites and online features that link to this Privacy and Cookies Policy (“Policy”). In this Policy, we use "SPE," or "we," "us," and "our" to refer to Sony Pictures Entertainment entities. You can also learn more about cookies and similar technology which we use in this Policy.
- We use personal data to allow you to use the features in the Content, to process your registration, and to provide you with requested Content. Click here to learn more.
- This Policy explains when we process personal data, for our legitimate interests. You can ask us to stop processing this data. Click here to learn more about our legitimate interest, your rights and how you can exercise them.
- We may ask for your age before you can sign up to use our some Content or features. Click here to learn more.
- We may disclose your personal data publicly when you choose to post User-Generated Content via our sites or apps or channels. We also share data with third parties we engage to process data on our behalf or when such sharing is required by law, or in certain other situations. Click here to learn more.
- We transfer your personal data to the United States. We use European Commission approved standard contractual clauses to protect your personal data. Click here to learn more.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use personal data collected via our Content:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract;
- To process your registration on a site or app, or entry into a competition, prize draw or contest
- To send you information about changes to our terms or policies
- Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests are:
- To provide you with access to Content and features in the sites and apps
- To send any you information you have requested
- To ensure the security of our sites and apps, by trying to prevent unauthorised or malicious activities
- To tailor Content for you.
- Where you give us consent:
- Where you give us consent to place cookies and to use similar technologies
- On other occasions where we ask you for consent, for a purpose which we explain at that time.
- For purposes which are required by law:
- Where we need parental consent to provide online services to children under 16, or the relevant age below which parental consent is required.
- In response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
We retain personal data for so long as we think is reasonably necessary for the purposes described above. In addition, under applicable laws in certain jurisdictions we are required to keep some personal data regarding competition winners.
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract;
- INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM THIRD PARTIES
Some of our Content has 'send to a friend' features. The ‘send to a friend’ feature is when users can ask us to send features to their friends. If a friend asks us to send you a feature, then we will process your contact details (i.e. email address). The contact details are only used to send you the feature and we do not retain the contact detail. If you want to use this feature, you should only provide your friend's contact details to us when you know they would like to hear from us. Your friend will know that you provided their contact details to us.
If we provide online services to a child where we need parental consent for this, we may ask for a parent's email address, in order to obtain the consent.
- COOKIES AND SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
Cookies and similar tracking technologies allow us to recognise you when you visit a site, or app, or open an email – they do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your experience.
We use tracking technologies for three purposes:
- To provide you with the service you have requested: for example, keeping you logged in during your visit and ensuring security of the Content.
- To analyse and improve your experience: to analyse which Content is most popular and gets viewed the most and which gets viewed the least on our websites and in our emails (where you have chosen to receive emails from us), and to provide us with general information about users of the Content (such as age, gender and interest areas). We also check for bugs and glitches in the Content and remember the choices you have made, such as your language or region, to enhance and personalise your experience. We use analytics services provided by Adobe and Google to help us do this. If you don’t want us to use information about your visits in this way, click here for Adobe and here for Google, to opt-out of their services.
How to manage tracking technologies
If you are using our Content via a browser you can change your cookie preferences and in respect of our websites, withdraw your consent at any time using the Cookie Consent Tool.
- the Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers tells you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to delete old cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether
- you can opt-out of analytics as described above.
We use Flash cookies to provide some Content such as video clips or animation. Flash cookies are managed through the Flash Player Settings Manager, which is a different interface than the one provided by your web browser. This Settings Manager lets you manage global privacy settings, storage settings, security settings, and automatic notification settings. Beginning with Flash Player 10.3, the Flash Player Settings Manager can be accessed locally on your computer: in the Control Panel on Windows and in System Preferences on Mac. Users of other operating systems and earlier versions of the Flash Player should manage their global privacy settings using the Flash Player Settings Manager provided online from Adobe: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager06.html
PS4, Apple iOS and Android Devices
By accessing certain applications from these devices, you consent to cookies being stored to your device for the following purposes: keeping you logged in, managing parental control PINs, analytics and advertising. These cookies are essential to the operation of the application. It is not currently possible to opt out or remove these cookies from the devices without deleting the application.
List of Cookies
Cookie Name Purpose and Information Cookie preference civicCookieControl
This cookie is used to remember a user’s choice about cookies on our website. Where users have previously indicated a preference, that user’s preference will be stored in this cookie.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We do not share your personal data with third parties for their own marketing.
If you register for a promotion, such as a competition, prize draw or contest, which is administered by a third party, your personal data will be disclosed to the organiser for them to administer the promotion. This may also mean that your personal data will be included on a winners list.
If you submit Content to a site or app this will be disclosed publicly.
We share data with third parties who perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting or operating our site and apps, sending e-mails, and carrying out data analysis.
We share your personal data with other SPE entities, which are involved when we process data for the purposes listed at section 1 above.
SPE or any of its assets, including the Content, may be sold, or other transactions may occur in which your personal data may be considered one of the business assets of the transaction. In this case, your personal data may be transferred, either as part of the transaction or during any due diligence process.
We share information with government and law enforcement authorities and with other parties involved in, or contemplating, legal proceedings to comply with a legal obligation, when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, or where this is necessary for us or for third parties to protect our or their rights, property, safety, or security.
Some of our sites and apps are hosted and operated in the United States. Where this is the case, your personal data will be transferred to and processed in the United States where the privacy laws may not provide an equivalent level of protection to those in your home country. We use Standard Contract Clauses approved by the European Commission to protect your personal data. If you would like a copy of those or have other queries, please contact us. In addition, if you register with us, we ask for your consent to transfer your information to the United States.
- AMENDING OR REMOVING YOUR PERSONAL DATA, CONTROLLING MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS, OTHER PRIVACY QUESTIONS AND RIGHTS
You have the right to access your personal data and, if necessary, have it amended or deleted or restricted. You may also ask us to provide some types of personal data to you, or another organisation nominated by you, in a structured and machine-readable format.
Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. (10202 W. Washington Boulevard, Los Angeles, California, 90232 USA), and, to the extent you access the sites or apps in the UK, Columbia Pictures Corporation Limited (Sony Pictures Europe House, 25 Golden Square, London W1f 9LU, United Kingdom) are the companies which are responsible for the sites and apps to which this policy applies (the data controller). If you use the sites or apps in Italy, the data controllers will be Sony Pictures Entertainment Italia SRL (Via Enrico Tazzoli, 6, 00195 Roma, Italy) and Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. (10202 W. Washington Boulevard, Los Angeles, California, 90232 USA).
For more details or any privacy questions please contact us by email at SPE_EU_Privacy_Contact@spe.sony.com or write to us at the relevant address above. You also have a right to submit a complaint to a supervisory authority for data protection in the country where you live, where you work, or where you consider that a breach of data protection has occurred – although we hope that we can assist with any queries or concerns you may have about our use of your personal data.
We may serve advertising on the Sites from child-friendly brands. Advertising enables us to keep the Sites free to use. Any ads we serve will be delivered by our partner SuperAwesome Trading Ltd. Such ads will carry the SuperAwesome SafeAd watermark, which indicates that (a) the ad is not collecting personal information or tracking or profiling users, and (b) its content has been assessed for compliance with best practice and the CAP Code self-regulatory principles as appropriate for children. If you have any questions about advertising on the Sites or concerns about specific ads that you see, please contact SuperAwesome on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to change the terms of this Privacy and Cookies Policy at any time, by prominently posting notice of the amendment on the site or app. To the extent permitted by law, these changes will apply from the time they are posted.
Effective Date: This Privacy and Cookies Policy was updated 25 May 2018.